About SSS Programs
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) and Student Support Services STEM (SSS-STEM) students achieve and maintain high levels of academic excellence. SSS and SSS-STEM participants are recognized leaders and are involved in professional development, personal growth experiences, and community engagement activities.
Through the SSS and SSS-STEM programs, students are introduced to university resources, faculty and administrators, dedicated peer tutors and committed program professionals. SSS and SSS-STEM offers supplemental tutoring, academic skills development, and specialized services to assist students in developing necessary skills and strategies to succeed in college.
All services are free and available to any student who completes the application, qualifies under federal guidelines, and is invited into the program.
Benefits & Services
- Academic, career and personal coaching
- Academic skills workshops
- Assistance with financial aid and scholarship applications
- Collaborative study support
- Cultural and educational events
- Employment and professional development opportunities
- Financial and economic literacy education
- Graduate and professional program application assistance
- Resource referrals
- Supplemental tutorial support