McNair Faculty Mentors provide research experience, guidance, and assistance to an assigned Ronald E. McNair Scholar for the purpose of preparing the scholar for graduate study.
- Provide direct supervision and weekly support for the Ronald E. McNair scholar
- Assist the scholar to establish realistic goals for the research
- Assist the scholar to understand research topic information and methodologies
- Directly supervise the research, poster creation, presentation preparation, and submission of research paper
- Assist scholar in writing for journal publication, and discipline-specific conference proposals
- Advise and provide feedback to scholar regarding statement of purpose for graduate school applications
- Write letters of recommendation for scholar applying to graduate school