Fast Facts – Collegiate Programs
NC State University TRIO Collegiate Programs strive to encourage educational opportunities for undergraduate students by providing academic and personal support to enhance academic skills, increase retention and graduation rates, and facilitate entrance into graduate and professional programs. SSS and SSS-STEM provide opportunities for academic and personal development by assisting students with college requirements, motivating students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program assists participants with developing skills critical to success at the graduate level through undergraduate research opportunities, graduate school preparation activities, and academic support to encourage students to pursue and complete graduate studies following the completion of their undergraduate degree. The TRIO Collegiate Programs cultivates student success through engagement, empowerment, and support for 285 participants.
TRIO Programs are Federal outreach and student services programs designed to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to post-baccalaureate degrees. Of these eight programs, NC State University hosts four programs, including the two premier TRIO pre-college programs, Educational Talent Search (1991) and Upward Bound (1978 and 2012). Collectively they have served thousands of students providing access to higher education. The Student Support Service program for undergraduate students launched in 2010. The Student Support Services STEM program launched in 2015. The Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program launched in 2017.
- 7 professional and support staff
- Numerous tutors
- Academic, Career and Personal Coaching
- Academic Skills Workshops
- Assistance with Financial Aid and Scholarship Applications
- Cultural and Educational Events
- Employment and Professional
- Development Opportunities
- Financial and Economic Literacy Education
- Graduate and Professional Program Application Assistance
- Summer Research Experience
- Supplemental Tutorial Support
- 286 undergraduate students served by the Student Support Services, Student Support Services STEM and Ronald E. McNair Scholars programs.
- 91% of Student Support Services and Student Support Services STEM program participants will graduate from the university in six years or less.
- 93% of Ronald E. McNair Scholar graduates enrolled immediately into a masters or doctoral program after the completion of their undergraduate degree.
TRIO Collegiate Programs